Founders' Events Have Been Updated.
New Schedule Listed Below.
Don't Miss Movie on Main
Friday, October 14 at 7:45 pm! ZOOTOPIA!
For more details check out Founders' Week Fall Celebration on Facebook!
- ALL DAY Market on Main (40+ vendors), Taste of Brooksville food tastings, wine and beer sales, build your own scarecrow, Antique Car Show.
View Car Show on facebook!
- New Beginnings 5K Run 7:45 am runfornewbeginnings.com/projects
- Opening Ceremony 9:00 am
- Historic Tour of the Brooksville Cemetery and Downtown Mural Tours 10:00am Meet at the historic Brooksville Cemetery at 10:00 am (1275 Olmes Rd.) next to the gazebo. Wear comfortable walking shoes and listen as resident historian Jan Knowles takes you through the gravesites of Confederate and Union Soldiers, as well as some of Hernando County's most renowned residents in one of its most historic sites.
- Florida Cracker Cowboys 9:30 - 11:00am Bluegrass with a twist! Don't miss this unforgettable band! View on facebook!
- Trunk or Treat 10:00am Dress the kids in their Halloween costumes for some good ole Trunk or Treating! Take the kids to the vendors on Main Street, downtown businesses and the Car Show, where they'll cast their vote for their favorite car!
- SilverBack Rock 'N' Roll Band 10:00am - 12:00pm Live entertainment in front of the courthouse from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm. Come listen to sounds from 60s, 70s, and 80s. View on facebook!
- Tyler Creek Road Band 11:30 - 12:30pm Live Entertainment in front of the courthouse. Check ou this country/southern rock band from 11:30 - 12:30. tylercreekroad.com
- Childrens' Halloween Costume Contest 12:00pm For children ages 1 to 12, prizes will be given in four age groups: 1 - 3, 4 - 6, 7 - 9, and 10 - 12. The contests starts right after Trunk or Treat ends and will take place on the Old Courthouse steps. No registration is required.
- SilverBack Rock 'N' Roll Band 12:30pm - 2:00pm Live entertainment in front of the courthouse from 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm. Come listen to sounds from 60s, 70s, and 80s. View on facebook!
- Mural Tours 12:30pm/1:00pm/1:30pm They're iconic works of art downtown, but do you know the stories behind each of Brooksville's beautiful downtown murals? Meet at the Fine Arts Council booth on Main Street at 12:30, 1:00 or 1:30 for a tour!
- Breast Cancer Awareness Walk with the Brooksville City Council 12:45pm Meet members of Brooksville City Council at 12:45 on Main Street in front of the courthouse for a one-mile walk to Tom Varn Park to visit the Tree of Hope, where supporters can hang words of encouragement and hope in honor of loved ones. Don't forget to wear pink!
- Back in Time Fashion Show 2:00pm Meet at 2:00 on the Old Courthouse steps for a fashion show unlike no other. Watch as models in historically accurate period costumes stroll the runway.
Download the Flyer Here!
FAQsdescription = "Frequently Asked Questions" ==
We will meet at 12:45 pm in front of the Courthouse on Main Street.
The walk is about a mile and we will walk to Tom Varn Park where the Tree of Hope is located.
The pink ribbons can be received at the Jerome Brown Community Center, 99 Jerome Brown Place. We will also have the ribbons available the day of the walk during the Market at the Parks and Recreation Booth.
All donations can be made out to Friends of the Children, Inc.
No registration is required for the costume contest.
The costume contest is for ages 1-12.
Yes there will be one prize awarded for the different age groups.
The age groups are 1-3, 4-6, 7-9 &10-12.
All children and parents should meet at the corner of Broad Street and Main to begin the Trunk-or-Treating.
Only the businesses with a pumpkin on their door, vendors with a pumpkin on their tent, and cars with a pumpkin in their windows will be participating in the event.
The Trunk-or-Treat will begin at 10:30 am and will run until 11:45 am.
The costume contest will begin at 11:45 am.
All cars will meet in the empty parking lot behind Main Street Eatery building and we will direct the cars from there.
Although we do encourage you to participate for the children of the community, it is not required. Any participant who does participate in the Trunk-or-Treat will receive free entry into the car show.
All participants will receive a pumpkin to place in their window to let the Trunk-or-Treaters know they are participating.
Judging will begin as soon as the cars are set up on the street.
The awards will be done right after the costume contest at 12:00 pm.
Yes, all cars are required to stay from 9 am-1 pm, in order to receive your award should you place in any category.
Car staging will begin as early as 7:45 am.
All cars participating in the car show must be registered, you can register at the Jerome Brown Community Center or by emailing email@example.com.
The entry fee is $10.00.
Yes, the Market will be up and running normal operation hours the day of the events.
There are 25 plus vendors for the event on the 15th and more than 35 for events on October 8.