Overview of the Opportunity
Brooksville Vision Foundation, Inc. d/b/a Brooksville Main Street is looking for an experienced marketing, communications and event coordination professional with 1-3 years experience in a similar role who will responsible for coordinating and carrying out marketing and events on a full-time basis. Experience with a non-profit is desirable but not required.
- Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university is required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 1-3 years marketing, communications and/or event management experience.
- Excellent communications skills. Proficient written and verbal communication skills with competency in use of professional grammar and spelling.
- Ability to effectively plan, manage and complete multiple projects within established deadlines and budgets.
- Effective time management skills to coordinate multiple projects and administrative functions.
- Detail-oriented in written materials, and in planning projects/events.
- Possess an enthusiastic and collaborative attitude.
- Ability to operate and achieve goals independently, with limited direction, and as part of team.
- Ability to work with volunteers, and under the supervision of multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle, possess a valid Florida driver’s license, and be insurable by BVF’s insurance carrier.
- Combinations of experience and education from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Additional relevant experience beyond what is required may substituted for each year of college education required.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Events & Marketing Coordinator provides event management, marketing, and communications services to carry-out the business objectives of the Brooksville Main Street Program. The Events & Marketing Coordinator is responsible for achieving targets established by the Brooksville Vision Foundation, and completing tasks within given timelines and budgets in accordance with the expectations of the Executive Director.
Marketing & Communications – 40% of time
Works with the Board of Directors, Executive Director, and Promotions Committee in the execution of a marketing and communications strategy to include:
- Coordinating and online content (written content, resources and design maintenance)
- Coordinating and writing social media communications
- Drafting newsletters, press releases and other communications, as directed
- Drafting and editing papers, proposals and official correspondence, as directed
- Coordinating marketing campaigns and assisting with media relations
- Planning and executing events and event marketing
Event management – 50% of time
Works with Board of Directors, Executive Director, and Promotions Committee to organize and ensure the success of small ongoing events as well as significant annual events with responsibilities to include:
- Establishing and monitoring event budgets
- Planning and coordinating event logistics
- Fostering Partner & Sponsor relationships
- Coordinating speakers, vendors and volunteers
- Marketing events to target audiences
- Coordinating registrations and “day of” needs
General Responsibilities – 10% of time
- Answer phones and respond to emails
- Coordinate with Executive Director on specific tasks and reporting needs
- Other reasonably related duties as required or assigned
The Events & Marketing Coordinator reports to the Executive Director, and supports the work of the Board of Directors and the following committees:
- Promotions Committee
- Design Committee
- Economic Vitality Committee
- Organization Committee
Pay Rate: $13.22 – $15.39/hour / Depending on qualifications
Structure: Full-Time, Hourly
Anticipated Start Date: September 1, 2017
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls please.